- A study in 2002 by the Arts Education Partnership states that " children exposed to drama, music, art and dance are often more proficient at reading, writing and math".
-The 2006 Guggenheim Museum Study showed a link between Art education and imporved literary skills.
-In 2009 The Center for Arts Education published a report suggesting art education may improve graduation rates.
- Johns Hopskins researchers studies show that sustained arts education is can be essential part of social and intellectual development.
To read more studies click here:
SPRING SESSION 2
APRIL 24th- June 5th
$22/class includes all art supplies
Classes fill up fast. Sorry, we cannot guarantee your child's space until we have your registration form and payment. Register on our website now!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ART EDUCATION?
-increases hand-eye coordination
- develops problem solving skills
- learn about how colors work together (good for all careers in the art field!)
- learn about art history, and what was going on at the time
as well as geography and art from other cultures
- young children learn words and colors, and shapes.
- helps to calm the brain, and turn on the Right Side of the brain
- studies have shown a correlation between art and academic achievement.
64 Railroad Avenue
Sayville NY 11782
Mini Monet Art Studio
SNOW DAY MAKE UPS!
(Feb 9, 10th, March 14th)
MAKEUP CLASSES WILL BE
TUESDAY APRIL 18th 4:00 and 5:15
THURSDAY APRIL 20th at 1pm
and FRIDAY APRIL 21st at 4:15pm
NEXT ART WORKSHOPS!
10am-12pm (ages 4-7) $35/day
1-4pm (ages 7-12) $45/day
Spring Animals Camp
Register soon! Our camps fill up fast!
NO REGULAR 1pm, 4pm or 5pm CLASSES DURING APRIL BREAK