WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ART EDUCATION?
-increases hand-eye coordination
- develops problem solving skills
- learn about how colors work together (good for all careers in the art field!)
- learn about art history, and what was going on at the time
as well as geography and art from other cultures
- young children learn words and colors, and shapes.
- helps to calm the brain, and turn on the Right Side of the brain
- studies have shown a correlation between art and academic achievement.
NEXT ART WORKSHOPS!
January 16th Monday MLK
Cardinals in the Snow
11-2pm (ages 5-10)
10am-12pm (ages 4-8)
1-4pm (ages 6-12)
REGULAR WEEKLY CLASSES RESUME JANUARY 9th. 6 weeks $125!
64 Railroad Avenue
Sayville NY 11782
Mini Monet Art Studio
- A study in 2002 by the Arts Education Partnership states that " children exposed to drama, music, art and dance are often more proficient at reading, writing and math".
-The 2006 Guggenheim Museum Study showed a link between Art education and imporved literary skills.
-In 2009 The Center for Arts Education published a report suggesting art education may improve graduation rates.
- Johns Hopskins researchers studies show that sustained arts education is can be essential part of social and intellectual development.
To read more studies click here:
Classes fill up fast. Sorry, we cannot guarantee your child's space until we have your registration form and payment. Register on our website now!